Zonal Water Partnership
IWP pioneered the concept of Zonal Water Partnerships (ZWP). Both IWP and ZWP work closely with the relevant water institutions, universities, CBOs/NGOs and other stakeholders at national, state and local level. IWP with the support of ZWPs in India is addressing the water centric issues through Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs)/Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) which have constitutional authority in the chain of civil authority structure.
As of now five Zonal Water Partnerships have been established in India with the following composition:
- Northern Zone Water Partnership– The Northern Water Partnership comprises of the States of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Chandigarh & Delhi.
- Southern Zone Water Partnership– The Southern Zone Water Partnership consists of the States like ; Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry
- Western & Central Zone Water Partnership– The Western Zone Water Partnership comprises of States of Gujarat, Maharashtra & Goa ; Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh form part of the Central Zone Water Partnership
- North-Eastern Zone Water Partnership- North-Eastern Zone Water Partnership consists of States like Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura
- Eastern Zone Water Partnership– Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal & Orissa States form part of Eastern Zone Water Partnership.